About The CEP
The Ocala / Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership was formed to be THE catalyst for a prosperous community.
The Ocala / Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership is a private, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to be the catalyst for a prosperous community.
The vision for the new organization is for Ocala/Marion County to be a vibrant community with a stable, diversified economy. The CEP will drive community transformation and strengthen business!
Established in 1887, the organization remains a leader in the development of programs, initiatives and events that create a healthy and prosperous environment in which to conduct business.
The Chamber & Economic Partnership is an active voice in a dynamic community uniting hundreds of business and community organizations, thus creating a unique partnership to improve business and build a better community. Over 85 percent of the membership is composed of small businesses interested in prospering and creating a healthy environment in which to conduct business.
Click here for information on CEP membership
Click here for the calendar of events.
First accredited in 1974, the Ocala / Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership is among the elite top 1% of Chambers of Commerce nationwide that has been recognized for excellence by the United States Chamber of Commerce by receiving the 5-Star Accreditation designation. This is the highest accreditation level awarded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
This recognition, known as accreditation, was earned for:
- Effective organization and leadership of community business interests.
- Objective evaluation of needs and responsible planning for community betterment; and
- Productive actions to promote and strengthen the principles of free enterprise and community self-reliance.
The Ocala / Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership is a voluntary organization of the business community. The Chamber is not a civic club, charitable organization or a department of the city or county government. The Chamber is a private, not-for-profit, organization.
The CEP is:
- Over 1,400 businesses working together to make Ocala and Marion County a better place to live.
- Governed by a 33-member Board of Directors that is representative of the range of businesses among the organization’s membership.
- A voice for the business and professional community on critical and important issues.
- Committees hard at work identifying and meeting the community's needs.
- Setting and achieving goals that will assure Ocala/Marion County of reaching its full potential as a community.
- Working to increase prosperity by encouraging growth of existing businesses and fostering new ones. That is what it is all about...a partnership between our committed volunteer membership and a professional staff pooling its knowledge in the best interest of the business community.
- A platform for networking your business through the monthly Business After Hours.
Ocala / Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership, Inc. Bylaws
For more information about this article, please contact:
Tamara Fleischhaker, 352-629-8051, ext. 102 Tamara@OcalaCEP.com